Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I made Soufflé

Ever since I was a kid I loved standing next to my mom, watching, "helping" her bake. I loved to stare at the mixing bowl as it turned and turned and all the ingredients went from a mix of colors and shapes, to one big yummy, creamy, paste or doe. I used to wait for the moment she'd press the "Eject" button and set the beaters free, and hand them over to me to clean them... Yummy!
In later years, when I was the master of my own kitchen I started baking myself. I used to make cakes for all my friends' birthdays, deserts for dinner parties, and cookies just to have at home for whenever I get the sweet tooth.
There is nothing more pleasing to me then to make something from scratch, that I have never done before, and then watch the reaction of whom ever gets to taste it.
Over the years I have collected recipes for sweets from my mom, my friends, over the net, and from books. I have a selective collection of recipe books that I absolutely adore, and I use them as guidelines, as I tend to make changes here and there to the recipes and make them my own.
I've always wanted to learn Pastry Making and one of my biggest fantasies is to one day open my own little coffee shop with yummy cakes, and pastries. Of course there will be a photography gallery there to display my works... Dreams might just come true one day...
Last night I came home from work and felt the urge to make something sweet. I browsed through this recipe book I had received for my last birthday, and found an interesting recipe for individual warm chocolate and pear Souffle'. I made two. Here is the result & the recipe (with my little tweaks of course)



Chocolate & Pear Souffle' (Makes 8 individual souffle's)

4 pears cut in halves
40 gr. butter
4 spoons of Whiskey
4 spoons brown sugar
For the filling
250 gr. flour
a dash of salt
1.5 cups powdered sugar
20 gr. baking powder
70 gr. cocoa powder
0.5 cups brown sugar
2 cups milk
170 gr. melted butter
4 eggs bitten
2 tea-spoons REAL vanilla extract
For the topping part
120 gr. brown sugar
35 gr. cocoa powder
2 cups boiling water

Heat up the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
To prepare the pears, heat up a non-stick skillet. Add the butter and wait till it melts. Add the pears and let them soften. Add the Whiskey and brown sugar and fry them for another minute.
Combine the flour, salt, powdered sugar, baking powder, cocoa, & brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Add the milk, butter, eggs, & vanilla extract, and mix with an electric mixer until smooth.
Place each of the halved pears in separate individual souffle' dishes. Divide the mixture and pour it over pears. Place the souffle' dishes in an oven baking pan.
for the topping, mix together the sugar and cocoa, and spread the mix evenly over the 8 dishes. Gently pour the boiling water over each dish.
Now bake for about 20 minutes, until it rises and darkens a bit.
If you'd like, add whipping cream or powdered sugar on top.

Bon Appetite!

15 comments:

luthien said...

holey moley!!! that looks totally awesome! of course it looks even "awesomer" when a real photographer is taking pictures of them!

YAY! to that dream :) dreams ALWAYS come true if you MANIFEST them :))

Hey Harriet said...

That souffle is making me very hungry! It looks divine! I very much like the sound of your dream and do hope it comes true for you! :)

Coastal Sisters said...

I never would have thought to put chocolate and pear together....how wonderful! This looks so good!

Happy Tuesday :)
LuLu~*xoxo

Cat Ludwig Studio said...

It looks soooo good! I haven't had breakfast yet and you're killing me. I might have to work on the computer later and go eat. What power you have!!

HolgaJen said...

Looks delicious!! And I think you should get yourself a Holga ;)

ana said...

it looks so yummy! thanks for sharing the recipe too! my goal in my baking life is to make a souffle...not quite sure i am ready to tackle one just yet ;)

Stacey said...

Those look beautiful, I am hungry and sad at the same time, as I wish there was one right here to try!!

Bri said...

Wow, I don't even like chocolates and that looks good. I bake when it's cool or rainy outside or when I'm really stressed. You can always tell when I'm having a hard time with life because my kitchen is out of control! My friends sure liked it though. :)

the Lost Earring said...

Wow! Looks amazing and I must wipe the drool from my chin. Somebody knows her way around the kitchen indeed :) Thanks for sharing!

Mana Moon Studios said...

Oh how delicious and I adore your presentation in the cups!

Olive Rue said...

Now that looks incredible. In fact, I think I may need something chocolate for breakfast. Thanks for stopping by and following my blog. I'm adding myself to your blog as a follower. Have a good day.

Faye said...

Wow! That looks sooo good! Thanks for your kind words and advice on my blog. It's always good to hear that other people have been there too. It's definitely all about staying postitive whatever life throws at you. Your photographs are wonderful by the way, you are very talented. Faye x

Dionne said...

I love to bake too, but have never tried my hand at souffle. These sound amazing! Oh my - I wish I could stick my hand in the screen and grab one from these photos. Delicious!!!

Halyssa Riggins said...

How wonderful! Thanks for sharing your recipe. :)

Tammy said...

Oh my gosh that looks wonderful and sinful all the same. You take such wonderful photos. I like how crisp and clean these are. I hope that your dream of a coffee shop and art gallery comes true for you one day, my dear. Sounds perfect!

ShareThis