Friday, July 24, 2009

Oh The Beach!

Sometimes life can be a bit moody. Sometimes there are ups and downs. Even my imperfectly perfect life has days that can bring me down.
So what does one do to be lifted back up? I guess we each have our own ways and things that assist us with this, sometimes not so easy, mission...
I am lucky enough to be close to the beach, I can escape there whenever I need. All I need to feel better is a stroll on the warm sand, to bask in the blazing sun, or to just sit there and watch strangers enjoy their beach day experience- I look at the children running half naked in and out of the waves, giggling, screaming from joy. I see the elderly men with their out-dated swimwear, doing their form of exercises on the beach. I whistle at the dogs that run around the beach looking for new friends, treasures, holes to dig, and what not. I glance at the surfers catching waves, competing with each-other on who gets to ride the next one, falling off their boards, and climbing back up again.
And no matter how hot and blazing the sun can be, you feel the breeze. That cold breeze that comes from way beyond what we can see, that carries with her an intoxicating scent of salty, fishy water.
But if that wasn't enough to lift up the spirit, there are all those colors at the beach! That blue- the deep blue of the water, and the bright blue of the sky. That blazing yellow from the sun, that sometimes makes the sand look almost white. Those bright bold colors of bathing suits, hats, umbrellas, and such.
I spent my Friday morning at the beach. I am rejuvenated and up!

7 comments:

laura evans/photography said...

awesome chica ... i'm glad you got the chance to escape for a few hours.

Sue said...

The beach. Your writing took me there. Very beautiful descriptions. You are a person of many talents :)

Mana Moon Studios said...

I remember how much I missed the beach when I moved from California, it lasted years. You write to beautifully, I felt as though I was there!

luthien said...

i must agree with all of the ladies, your writing is beautifully descriptive and mesmerizing :) so glad that your spirit is once again lifted :)) take care my fren :)) and may there be peace in your heart ...

Cat Ludwig Studio said...

You are a wonderful writer as well as photographer. I'm glad the beach offers some solace.

Beth said...

I am officially completely jealous :P

Tammy said...

Oh I am so jealous! I love the way the beach lifts the spirit also. It is very relaxing. I think the white noise is so calming. Glad you get to enjoy it whenver you want to.
Hugs,
Tammy

ShareThis