Monday, August 24, 2009

Camera, Family, Friends, & Cats- Fun Weekend

This past weekend has been one of the best weekends in a long time. It started off on Friday morning, when I had a convo on my Etsy account, from a potential client, asking for a custom print. After such a long sales drought I have to say I was thrilled to receive that convo. While I enjoy displaying my art on Etsy, and receiving comments and "hearts" and such, the whole point was to sell...
Anyways, I continued on with these good vibes, and decided that was the right time to finally get the camera and lens I've been dieing to get for the past year (ok, past YEARS). See, even when you know you need something, when money is the issue, it's not so easy to go and get it... But on Friday I finally did! 
I'm sure you're all curious as to what I got... Well, being a Canon girl, I stuck with what I love, and I got the Canon D50 body, along with (...drum roll...) the 24-70mm L series USM f2.8 lens (!!) I get chills of excitement all over just from writing the details of that lens :)
The rest of Friday was spent with family & friends, and I then I continued the F&F fun the next morning. I had brunch with a good friend, who's an armature photographer. We were at a restaurant called Benedict, which is a hip place, in a hip spot, in Tel Aviv. This is what we ate. Pictures courtesy of my friend, Tali Gonen. (Yes, she's called Tali too...). Tali was smart enough to bring her camera along with her...
After brunch I headed outside of Tel Aviv to visit my mom-in-law, along with my own mom (even though my husband & I are getting divorced, his mom will always remain my mom-in-law in my eyes, and hers). This time I had my camera at hand, as I had plans on trying to capture on camera a few of her many cats... I did manage to get a few great poses from the bunch, and believe me that wasn't easy, as they are all such scaredy cats, and run away & hide as soon as you come near...


All in all this was a good weekend! And to conclude it, by Saturday afternoon that potential client has completed her purchase, and my sales went up by one more :)

12 comments:

Coastal Sisters said...

Tali~
I love the photos....especially the one on the last row, second one of the kitty.

I am SO glad you had a great weekend and congratulations on your sale!

LuLu~*xoxo

Snowbell said...

Congrats on the new camera Tali! And glad to hear that you had a good weekend. Can't wait to see all the new hip places that opened since I was in Tel Aviv last...

Little Lovables said...

yay on the sale! and nice camera, it sounds like a lovely weekend for you!

Tali said...

I had a great time :)
Can't wait to see this great lens of yours in action!

KnockKnocking said...

Don't you just love being the funny people that carry their cameras everywhere? But I am so glad that you did because that brunch looks dreamily delicious. Thanks for sharing honey!

xoxo
Agnes

luthien said...

lovely photos of the kitties! lovelier photos of the dessert!!! gosh ... you are tempting me and i'm really putting on lots of weight already without all this temptations!!

Cat Ludwig Studio said...

Tali, congrats on your sale! And yippee for the new camera and lens. Love your photos. The last set of 5 would look amazing on a note card! I might have to ask for a custom order. Convo me on Etsy:)

the Lost Earring said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend indeed! I am so happy you got your dream camera/lens. I've wanted a digital SLR now for too long. I'm waiting for the day I break down and get it :) That is so great that you got a sale too. I was experiencing a lull as well, until last week. I'm back to feeling like I have a fully functioning shop again! Good feeling huh! Happy for you :)

laura evans/photography said...

chica it sounds like you had a fantastic weekend ... just what you needed. & of course i love the photos!!! keep it up pretty lady. xx

Tammy said...

Congratulations on the sale! Wooohooo! It is so awesome to have a fun new tool to play with. I cannot wait to see what you capture with your new magnifique lens!

koralee said...

Just found your lovely blog...I adore your images...Your cat mosic is so lovely! I love weekends like that! Off to read some more of your past posts and find out what I have been missing!

Dionne said...

Congrats on the sale! I am loving these photos. That one of the white cat is gorgeous! And all that food looks too good to be true!

ShareThis