Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Six Things About Me

I have been "Tagged". I am now a link in a blog chain. My tagger is my cyber friend and fellow blogger The Lost Earring
According to the rules I am supposed to post the rules...
so here they are :)
1. Link to the person or persons who tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Write six random and/or revealing things about yourself
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to their blogs
5. Let each person know they've been tagged & leave a comment on their blog
6. Let the tagger know when your post has been published
So shall we begin....?
First
I LOVE ice cream! I love it all year long. I don't care how cold it is outside I can eat ice cream while freezing my ass off, and shaking all over.
Second
I have a stupid fear of the ocean... I am so afraid to drown that I forget how to swim and start panicking. In fact, I will reveal here that while travelling to the Galapagos Islands I took a 7 day boat trip that involved a lot of mid-ocean snorkeling. On the first day I was so scared to hop off the dingy in the middle of the ocean (no land in sight) that for the rest of that week I snorkeled with a life-vest on me (True & very shameful story!). I am slowly overcoming this fear, but it's baby steps :)
Third
When I was a little kid and was asked what would I like to be when I grow up I used to say "A house cleaner" (!!)
Fourth
In the first grade I asked the hottest guy in class if he wanted to be my boyfriend (because his dad told me to do so) and he said NO
Fifth
I think I could be a great actress cause I can make myself cry on cue :)
Sixth
I get my good energies from Daisies, the sea, the sun, good friends, great laugh, and a hug from mom

There. I've told you my six. Now it's these bloggers' turn:
Erin Handley - Pink Peony
Joy White - Pure Joy
Stephanie - Pretty {much} Art

Enjoy!

11 comments:

luthien said...

LOL!! that's so funny and cute!! 2 sounds quite scary ... phobias often are. you should try out 5 ;) for real... have you ever thought of being an actress? you definitely have the charisma for it! and i think the camera would love you!

uncorked said...

I love finding out these little things about you Tali! Thank you for tagging me (I think)....

Dionne said...

Thanks for sharing these little bits and pieces about you!

I am totally in agreement over icecream - weather can never separate me from the goodness of that stuff, haha.

And I am also comforted by close friends, laughter and family.

Even though the sea doesn't scare me, I can totally imagine why the sea would be scary. It's so vast and powerful, and make us seem like tiny dolls compared to it's magnitude. But at least you went in! For my honeymoon, my husband was too scared to get in even with the vest!

Tali Schiffer-Oren said...

Thanks Dionne. Don't forget, now it's your turn... ;)

the Lost Earring said...

So fun to read! I completely understand the ocean fear--I had a hard time swimming in Hawaii because of the strong currents. Totally justified fear if you ask me. Your "good energies" list is so sweet--we could do entire tag posts on lists like that alone :)

Mana Moon Studios said...

This was wonderful Tali, I SO enjoyed getting to know you better! I've shared a similar fear of the ocean with you so I can relate to how difficult it is to overcome - bravo!

laura evans/photography said...

so i am sh*t scared terrified of drowning ... no joke ... me & the ocean are not friends. The only way i like the ocean is if i'm in the middle of a great big ship. I love to vacation near the beach but stick to the hotel pool. The hubby was actually going to propose to me on a boat crossing from tallin to helsinki ... he thought better of it!

love learning about you chica.

Hey Harriet said...

I enjoyed reading your random list and learning a little more about you. I'm exactly the same way with icecream. I eat it all year too!!! Yum!

Eternally Distracted said...

I understand the irrational ocean thoughts although mine are more related to snorkelling ... I am fine swimming about until I put my head under and see all the scary fish!

Bri said...

Well hello, it's nice to get to know you!

PonderandStitch said...

I love this list! And I just realized I'm not following you- how weird- so now I am! :) I get my good energies from daisies and the sun, too..Oh, and that kid in first grade? Boy, did he miss out!

ShareThis