Saturday, August 29, 2009

Weekend Favorites- Kitchen Stuff

I'm not going to lie. I am not having a good weekend. I am having an emotionally hard weekend.
I have started today the painful task of packing up my belongings from the apt. I shared with my husband. Soon to be ex-husband. Soon to be my ex-apartment. And even though I tried to remain calm and collected, I couldn't help the emotions that started surfacing throughout this process. I found our wedding album (sigh), and then I found some photos of us at times of happiness & love (big sigh), and then after clearing and packing most of my stuff from the kitchen & living room, I looked around me, at the half empty, boxed up apt. and then it just came. I couldn't stop the tears.
But, life needs to go on, I just have to focus on what's next and stop dwelling on what I'm losing, or rather, what I have already lost. Which brought me back to my devoted friend, my computer, and to my devoted blog readers, and I've decided to keep on going.
Since most of my packing today was in the kitchen, one of my favorite rooms in a house, I've decided to stroll around Etsy and find things for the kitchen that I would love to have. I found a whole load of stuff I would gladly buy, but as you know, my favorites sections only contain 12 of the best.
Check these items out, and look at the rest of the stuff they have in these 12 wonderful shops.
Hope your weekend is a happy one.

3. Knotty Knotty- Artisan Bread Board
6. Knock Knocking- Hostess Yarn Wreath
8. Koide Studio- Haniwa Cup
9. Village Clayworks- Pinwheel Nesting Bowls
10. Utile Mud- Honey Pot
11. Cynthia Vardhan Ceramics- Decorative dish
12. JclayPottery- Eat ice cream for 2

10 comments:

utilemud said...

Any kitchen full of these beauties would surely bring some cheer. Wishing you the best of luck with your fresh start!
Thanks so much for the mention :D

Peebs And Roo said...

I am so sorry to hear that. I felt that exact pain before. After a while, I finally realized that life was to short and precious and that I needed to move on. It will eventually get better, I promise. I look at my life now and through the hardship of it all, I know I am a better person. I to am wishing you the best for I have been where you are.

I love number 7, by the way! Those are neat! :o)

luthien said...

oh dear tali ... i feel so sad ...
but you're going to be strong right? yes you are! here's to healing then a new beginning and then lots of new adventures!! love your colorful collection! that's what you need ... colors!!

PonderandStitch said...

I understand your weekend- mine is the same... :(. We can do it, though! You are in my thoughts.

artangel said...

Tali - first of all, sending big hugs! You're bound to have days like this, but as time goes on they will get fewer and fewer and the happy days will get more and more frequent.
You're kitchen choices are FAB! So colourful and gorgeous! Hope you treated yourself - bit of retail therapy never hurts! :)

uncorked said...

thinking of you Tali - you have some wonderfully bold and colorful choices here so I know that even in your saddest moments that part of you that is always joyful and filled with color is still alive and ready to burst forth in a whole new direction - here's to bright new beginnings Tali!

Tammy said...

Oh Tali, I am sending a BIG cyber hug your way. It is good to cry and get it out. You are grieving which is healing. I can't wait to see your new place and how you make it your own. Decorating is so much fun!

Olive Rue said...

Hang in there Tali. I've been through a divorce and all that awful stuff. So, I know what you are going through. Just remember that another door is about to open for you. You're in my thoughts today. :-)

Coastal Sisters said...

*hugging you* Dearest Tali~ I wish I could make all your sorrows go away. Just think of all the wonderful adventures to come your way. It may not happen right away but it will soon.

Love and Light,
LuLu~*xoxo

Duchess of Tea said...

You have a lovely blog and a new follower...me.

Love & Hugs
Duchess ♥♥♥

ShareThis