Sunday, October 04, 2009

The Giving Tree

A little over a month ago I decided to play a game with my blog followers (yes, that would be you). I called it A Bloggers Giving Game and the idea behind it was to introduce between bloggers, and to create a situation where each person gives something, but also receives something from another blogger.
I have asked each of the participants to send in a photo of what they have received, and now that I have collected the images I have compiled them all in to a graphic giving tree. I was very happy to receive all those images and see how creative and giving everyone was... Almost everyone... I am disappointed to say that one of the participants did not participate as she never sent out a gift, nor did she respond to my emails regarding the issue. I find it ironic that I chose the giving tree to be an apple tree, which almost always in nature has at least one rotten apple...
Stephanie was the blogger who gave but did not receive. I was so amazed by her email on the subject. She wrote:

"I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate you hosting this giveaway.  I think it was a wonderful idea.  I am not sure why Melissa did not send anything or if it somehow got lost in the mail.  But I really had fun giving Cat a necklace and that was good enough for me.  What I am saying is that if I never get a thing from Melissa that is fine.  Just participating was fun for me!!!"
Stephanie, you rock!!


And now, without any further ado, here's the final tree. Please click on the image to view in large.





Participants in the game:
Stephanie , Jen , Cat , Sharon , Ooty , Jennifer , Luthien , Tammy , Lisa , Juliet , Joy , Janna , Amie , Kelly , and Angie

12 comments:

Coastal Sisters said...

I loved seeing the pics of what everyone sent!

LuLu~*xoxo

Stephanie said...

Me too LuLu! The Tree turned out adorable!! Good Job Tali!!

HolgaJen said...

Aww that's too bad - I can say that I did indeed send her some prints so not sure what happened :( It was a great idea and glad to see that everyone else participated! :)

luthien said...

this is just imperfectly perfect :)) it was a wonderful game and i really enjoyed it!

Dionne said...

This tree you made looks lovely!

How frustrating that someone dropped out! That happens to me sometimes when I host swaps. There's sometimes a few people that sign up but don't send their gift, they just do it to get something - it's so messed up!

Did Stephanie ever get anything in the end? If not, I would be more than happy to send her a little something! I hate it when people get left out!

the Lost Earring said...

I never heard a peep from Angie about the gifts I sent :( I mailed them overseas and was worried she never got them, but I see the photo of them so that's good. Hope she liked the earrings. Humph.

Thanks again to Amie for the cute magnets she sent! They are on our fridge and are strong as heck--and totally cute of course :)

Thanks so much for hosting this giveaway Tali and a BIG cheers to Stephanie!

Stephanie said...

Hi Everyone! Tali I think it was wonderful that you hosted the giving tree and I enjoyed sending Cat a necklace. Like I have already said, just being able to give someone an item I made was rewarding. I hope that Melissa is ok and have wondered if something might have happened in her life that prevented her from being able to send something out. She contacted me quickly and got my address so I know she intended to send something. There are absolutely no hard feelings on my part because the gift really is in the giving!! :)

KnockKnocking said...

yay!! I love looking at all the photos, it was well done darling!!

xoxo Agnes

Mana Moon Studios said...

This was so wonderful Tali and I can't thank you enough for all the work you did to set it up and the fabulous final image of the tree you made - wonderful!

I love the beautiful image I received from Cat and I'm delighted that Ooty liked her key holder.

I would be happy to send something the Stephanie as I feel awful she never receive anything from Melissa so I'll contact her and see if she's interested.
♥Sharon

Dionne said...

Did Stephanie end up with something yet? Let me know. Shoot me an email at cityofdionne@gmail.com and I can send something over to her if nothing has arrived.

Bri said...

What a nice idea. I love the internet and all of the swaps that you're able to participate in with total strangers.

Cat Ludwig Studio said...

Tali, I was out of town for a wedding when you posted this. So sorry it has taken me this long to respond. Thanks for all your hard work! And thanks to Stephanie for the necklace. I was just looking at it this morning...it is so beautiful. I too will contact her and send her something. Your giving tree just keeps on going:)

ShareThis