Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Improv Everywhere

Have you heard of Improv Everywhere?
If you haven't, you're missing out on something spectacular!
I recently stumbled upon one of their videos on YouTube. A friend wanted to show me this funny video, and somehow it turned into an afternoon of videos that simply make you smile and feel good.
Improv Everywhere was formed by Charlie Todd in August of 2001. According to Todd, a comedian who acts and teaches long-form improv comedy, Improv Everywhere is a group that pulls off huge pranks at the streets of NY, while documenting it all. On their website, they simply write "we cause scenes", and indeed, since they began "pranking" they have completed 85 missions, or more accurately, caused 85 scenes.
Be sure to check them out, and if you are one of the lucky residents of NYC, be sure to look for their pranks, for they might be just around the corner :)

Here are a few of my favorites:


Invisible Dogs


Hug Patrol


Frozen Grand Central


Welcome Back

There are many many more, so just go find the rest yourselves ;)

10 comments:

Ooty said...

=D!!!!

Dionne said...

I love IE! I would love to participate in one of their events some time, they are so much fun!

Stephanie of Pretty {much} Art said...

I forgot about Improv Everywhere! Oh man. Thanks for the reminder! Much time is about to be wasted...

Jessica said...

That was awesome! I've seen the frozen Grand Central before but not the others. Very cool stuff! ;)

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

made me laugh!

priti.lisa said...

Thank you Tali! You Rock!
xox, Lisa
PS: Pink was a great Idea, I really liked you recomposition, the green bird was the icing to the cake...do those types of birds really fly around in Israel?

Catherine said...

Thanks for sharing your favourites Tali! I thought they were all brilliant, particularly the last one at the airport! So funny!!!

oh, hello friend. said...

ohmigosh these are HILARIOUS! i totally get lost in videos for hours upon hours! ;)

a fun site i'd check out is http://www.todaysbigthing.com/
it posts one awesome video a day..some are random but some are hilarious!

xo. danni

Bri said...

I love this group. They always do things that are friendly and fun and nice. What's not to like?

Mana Moon Studios said...

Woe, that's an amazing find! I've never heard of it - just fabulous!!

ShareThis