Saturday, October 03, 2009

Inspiration Avenue's Weekly Challenge - Sky

Inspiration Avenue in having yet another weekly challenge which I have decided to participate in.
As I have mentioned before here this is an ongoing thing, that anyone can choose to take part of. You don't have to participate every week. Each Monday the word or color for the challenge is announced on the team's blog and you can decide if you would like to take part in it. If yes, you have to create something that fits the word or color that was chosen, and post about it by the following Sunday. be sure to leave a comment with a link back to your post on Inspiration Avenue's blog.

This week the chosen word was "Sky". I was particularly excited about this one, as the sky is one of my favorite directions to look at- Up high. It always lifts my spirit to just tilt my head back and look at the sky. Of course it's an added bonus if there's a bright blue sky up above!

My entry for this week's challenge is this image below. It was taken last weekend, at the end of Yom Kipur. My roommate and I went out for a stroll in the park just before sunset. We came across this road mirror which showed a cloudy blue, still sunny sky, where as behind the mirror, in front of us, the sky has already turned gray and dark. That was definitely worth a snap shot!


 "It's Blue Sky ; It's Gray Sky"

8 comments:

Cat Ludwig Studio said...

What a great perspective! Congrats on a wonderful shot:)

Coastal Sisters said...

Very beautiful Tali!

LuLu~*xoxo

uncorked said...

That's an amazing shot Tali- I love it!

xo- Cat :)

luthien said...

that's an excellent image my fren! in aesthetics and concept!! i love how you used the mirror to show 2 different types of skies. very very clever :))

WrightStuff said...

What a find! That's the creative person in you - spotting what others would walk past!

artangel said...

This is an amazing photograph Tali - a very original take on "sky" - love it! x

Tammy said...

Wow, This is fabulous, Tali! How lucky was that stumbling on such a thing as a road mirror. Love the two contrasting skies! Beautiful!

Mana Moon Studios said...

I absolutely love your submission for this week Tali! I've always had a similar image in my mind for a painting like this... perhaps one day I'll have the time. Fabulous!♥

ShareThis