Saturday, October 17, 2009

Inspiration Avenue's Weekly Challenge - Pink

This week at Inspiration Avenue I was the honorable chooser of the word for the challenge (hurray!). I thought long and hard (meaning 10 minutes) and decided that in honor of October being the month to fight, spread the word, cure breast Cancer, the word should be PINK.
There's still time to submit a photo for this challenge, and you could still Go Pink For October along with me and Inspiration Ave. Just create, then click here and post a comment with the link to your creation. You must do that by Sunday at 5pm EST (so I can collect all your photos and post them back on the Team's blog)

For my creation I took one of my most recent photos, shot in the Yarkon Park in Tel Aviv, I've tweaked it a bit, added some pink, and cut it up to pieces. Then pieced it back together in small Polaroid images. Having it cut up to pieces and then put back together in a not so perfect way, but certainly unique and interesting, reminded me of all those women who have fought through Breast Cancer and came through different, but strong, alive, and happy.


 Polaroid Composite in Pink

15 comments:

readingsully2 said...

This is fabulous, Talis. I love this look. I did this once with scrapbooking page with a photo I was using but it was the actual photo cut into pieces. LOL

I love the symbolism of this piece too. :)

Ooty said...

Darling this looks so lovely!!

luthien said...

what a fantastic entry for PINK!! artistic, creative and absolutely stunning!

laura evans/photography said...

you went all out this week chica ... it's stunning & wonderful & i absolutly adore it!!

Coastal Sisters said...

Very beautiful Tali! Well done my dear.

LuLu~*xoxo

Cat Ludwig Studio said...

Tali, you are so creative. I love it!

Tammy said...

Tali, I just love how you put together such an intriguing image. The colors are magnificent!
Xo,
Tammy

Mana Moon Studios said...

I just can't tell you how much I love your submission for this week's challenge Tali!! You've done such an outstandingly beautiful job of transposing this photo into an ethereal dream!!
Truly magnificent!♥

Dionne said...

That is gorgeous! And what a lovely tribute to a worthy cause!

Catherine said...

I love what you've done here! I was amazed when I saw it over on the Inspiration Avenue blog! I really like how you've cut it up and added colour!

Magpie said...

This is enchanting! I love the way the green bird stands out in all the pink!
Maggie :)

Clelia said...

pic is gourgeus and the meaning of your post is so worthy... Brest Cancer is a serious issue...


Clelia

maggisaar said...

Hello!
Your blog is beautiful. I'm so glad you found my silly little blog! It is very nice to Cyber-Meet you. :-)

Your pictures are stunning by the way!

artangel said...

Tali this is just stunning! I love the little bird - it really makes the pinks glow! Great work :) xx

peachyteach said...

I love this! So gorgeous! Like you :)

ShareThis