Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanks-Giving

If there's one thing I really really REALLY miss about living in the States and in Canada that's Thanksgiving. There's something so magical about this holiday that only people who celebrate it know what I mean.
Every year, as Thanksgiving approaches the entire city/country/state gets ready for the holiday, decorating everything with the colors of the season (I adore Orange, Brown and Cream mixed together!), shops offering gift ideas, shopping sales, and turkey deals. All the cooking shows on TV focused on Thanksgiving, giving you new ideas for the same traditional Thanksgiving dinner.
And then on the day of you can walk around and smell the scents coming out of bustling kitchens, all sweet and warm and yummy. Not to mention the amazing flavors! I could eat a whole  yam & marshmallow casserole right now!!
Of course one of the things I love about this holiday is how everyone gets together as a family (even if it's just friends) to be thankful for all their good fortune thus far. It's amazing how this one day a year can get everyone thinking on what they have and not on what they don't, and be thankful for it. If only we could all be more thankful on a daily basis rather than complain and seek what we do not have, it'd be Thanksgiving every day!


image take from Habitually Chic


Even though we do not celebrate this holiday in Israel  I am still so very Thankful...
For my amazing mom who's always by my side
For the strength I did not know I had in me that got me through these past few months
For good friends
For my best girlfriends
For warm days (even now at the end of November!)
For having a place I call home
For my talents
For being able to laugh it out
For love
For every moment I get to spend with my grandpa
For the promotion at work
For all my good fortune
For the way my someone looks at me
For creativity
For all my blog & internet friends

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

8 comments:

Ange said...

That is a very beautiful and moving post and you are right! If we all gave thanks every day, this world would be a better place. You know - it seems both you and I certainly do that. I'm sure there are others, we just have to find them. Happy daily giving of thanks...Ange

Shannon of ** Happiness Is...** said...

Happy Thanksgiving Tali - I hope everything went okay the other day! xoxo

Ange said...

I also forgot to tell you that my favourite colour is orange, which I mix a lot with chocolate brown and cream... Have orange gumboots and pink sneakers!

Joy White said...

Great post - If I didn't live in the United States it would be the holiday that I would miss the most. Life is good.

Mana Moon Studios said...

Oh I couldn't agree with you more! I adore the holiday but prefer to remain thankful year round for the blessings I have. I loved your list of gratitude and you know, you could always start a new tradition with friends, just a thought. ;-)

laura evans/photography said...

hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving chica ... for me it's a new holiday as well that i have yet to completely understand (pumpkin pie ...?) but still it's fun & makes me remember all the thing's i'm truely thankful for!!

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

Nice post, thanks for reminding us to be thankful ALL the time!...

Pam Lefcourt said...

Tali~Great post. I love having an attitude of grattitude all year long!

ShareThis