Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Bits & Pieces & Notes

Lately my life has been nothing but ordinary! My daily schedule is off the charts, sometimes my day & night get all mixed up, I eat in odd hours, I sleep in odd hours, and I get creative when everyone else has turned their lights out.
I don't know if it's my new-found singleness (My ex and I were pretty much like an old married couple when it came to our daily activity and schedule), or perhaps it's my day job that's not so much a day job with it's day & night shifts (I never told, but I work at a restaurant. I was a server & just got "promoted" to shift manager), or perhaps it's the someone that's with me that makes me want to stay up late with him. I guess it's a mix of all of the above. And don't get me wrong, I am not really complaining, I just sometimes feel like I am running after my own tail in trying to catch up and fit everything back into my life. I have been kinda' neglecting my shop on etsy, and I haven't been too active at the Etsy teams I am a member of- Inspiration Avenue, POE-Photographers Of Etsy, and Etsy Israel Team, but I do plan on trying to find a way to fit it all back into my schedule!
What I haven't given up on is blogland. How can I give that up?? There is nothing better than to find that moment in the day when I can sit down for a while with my computer and browse through the many blogs I follow, read what's new and exciting in their writers lives, get to know them just a little better, find some new suggestions for shopping, cooking, creative crafts and such. These blogs are my pick-me-up pill, my happy drug, my put-a-smile-on-my-face remedy, my source of inspiration!
I sure hope that my blog & my musings are a pick-me-up for some of you too! I hope I inspire you as well!
My friend Gabi, who's actually an old acquaintance that I had reconnected with just a week ago at a spontaneous reunion we were at (post and pictures will follow soon...), had said to me that she sat down and read my entire blog post history and that it was so inspiring to her that she decided to take the leap herself, and start her own blog! I am so humbled and proud, and I am so excited for Gabi for this new adventure she's embarked herself on! Please check out her blog  here (it's still new, so be patient...)
Here's a few more blogs that I cannot part with. I'm keeping it to my 15 best, but you know there are many many more! I might have mentioned some of these in the past, so excuse me if you've seen them before :)
City of Dionne , Laura Evans Photography ,  Habitually Chic , Ponder & stitch , Ali Loves Curtis , Layers of Meaning , Maggi's Misadventures , Oh Hello Friend , Maya Made , Knock Knocking , Daughter of Cancer ,  Color Me Katie , Jessica Rogers , Polaroid Express , Anna Allen :: Wildflowers :: Pretty

I'll leave you with this inspiring, creative, gorgeous video. The song's pretty good too ;)

10 comments:

Ange said...

That is one of my favourite videos and YES you do inspire!! Me at least.Get yourself a pair of orange wellies and you will feel immediately better, I can promise you. PS - I used to work in restaurants too!

Amie McCracken said...

That video is beyond cool. You have inspired me to add that to my list of photo projects to try.

Cat Ludwig Studio said...

Tali, I admire how you live your life. You have such a positive attitude and it does rub off on others...even across the ocean. I love your blog! Can't wait to check out your fav list.

What an amazing video. I smiled the whole way through it:)

maggisaar said...

I find myself stumbling through the mundane sometimes too. Get up, work, lunch, work, home, Steve, eat, bed, repeat. I find that sooner or later, something bright, sparkly, new and exciting comes in and suddenly, life is no longer mundane.

I remember life working in a restaurant...I was thinking about it today as I was putting a headband in my hair. I loved it, for all it's madness, and hated it for all the same reasons. Hurm...

Well, lots of love all the same! I loved the video. :)
<3 Mags

Coastal Sisters said...

I know how you feel...I am burning the candle at both ends right now with it being the holiday season. I LOVED the video!

Have a wonderful day,
LuLu~*xoxo

Dionne said...

We heart you, too! I LOVE stopping by to see your latest posts, so the feeling is mutual.

And wow, this video is stunning, it must have taken a long time to make!

Gbarielle said...

My darling....I have been in the restaurant industry for moor than 12 years!!! its what i love, its what i do.....with all of the shit that comes along side it!!! cant wait to read some moor.....gabrielle

gabrielle moses said...

I just realised i spelt the word more-moor.....OMG!!!!!

Mana Moon Studios said...

Gee I became so smitten with the video, it was wonderful! I can relate to how you feel and I always think it's just a matter of what's going on in our lives that leaves us feeling like that. There's something to be said for the scheduled segments of our lives but then there's alot to be said for spontaneity too and how freeing it can be. I hope you find joy in the freer moments.♥

Bri said...

Oh I just love that! It's so great. And I love that she has her eyes closed the whole time. Adorable.

ShareThis