Thursday, December 03, 2009

Reunion

Last week I attended a somewhat spontaneous reunion. It wasn't a class reunion, or a school reunion, rather a reunion of friends, all of the same age, from the same home town, who have attended the same school or class at some point throughout our 12 years of school. Myself and two old elementry school friends of mine had planned the event. We simply invited everyone in our Facebook friends database, that was born in 1978 (yes, I am THAT old), and lived and studdied in our hometown. I must tell you, we weren't even sure if anyone would come apart from the three of us... But low and behold, we had a turn-up of about 30 +/- people! The evening was so much fun, filled with old memories and funny stories from the past, and more than anything, good company! Here's a few photos of how we were, and a couple from the reunion


This is how we were...



and this is now...




8 comments:

maggisaar said...

How lovely! I love nothing more than reuniting with old, lost friends. I think it's one of the finer parts of life. I'm so glad you got to see everyone!

luthien said...

that's sweet :) love looking at pics from old times... brings back many many memories :))
and pls 1978 is NOT old ok :p if that's old, i'm ancient and i refuse to accept that!! :))

Ooty said...

Looks like ya' all had some nice time together =)
I am at that age as well =D (Sad but true =p)

Shannon of ** Happiness Is...** said...

Wow! I never made it to my reunions, but now kinda wishing I had. Good ol' Facebook!

Magpie said...

Good for you, organizing this event! Looks like it was a great success. It's so nice to reconnect with old friends.

Joy White said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joy White said...

Sorry about that - I didn't really want to remove my post, I just wanted to fix my typo!!!

Looks like a great time. Great photos, lots of smiles.

Tammy said...

What a great party! How fun to get back together with the group. What a great idea!
Xo,
Tammy

ShareThis