Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Big Bang

I've been contemplating for some time now about change. I'm talking about a change of do. Hair-do that is.
Ever since I can remember I've had a love-hate relationship with my haircuts. I remember numerous times from my younger years, in which my mom would send me to the hairdresser only to see me return with my new do and tears in my eyes. I'd run off to my bedroom and stand in front of the mirror and sob and pout for hours. As the years passed my reactions might have eased down a bit, and the sobs weren't so dramatic, but I'd still come home 99.9 times out of a hundred unhappy and miserable about what I have just done to my hair. Still with that said, almost every single time I got my hair cut it wasn't a result of a thoughtful decision, oh no, it was on a spur of a moment. I'd walk past a hair salon, and it would just spark some urge inside that would make me walk in for a haircut. And it would have to be on the spot, cause if it would come to me needing to book an appointment for a later date, I would chicken out and not show up.
Now that you know all that you'd think that at least by now I have learned my lesson, and that I do think long and hard before I let a pair of scissors near my hair. Well, if you think so, you're wrong. Lesson learned? not at all. But I must admit that every now and then it actually works. every now and then I get a cut I actually love.
Now rolling back to the start of this post, I mentioned the change I've been contemplating about. Specifically I was debating on whether or not I should cut my bangs again. I used to have bangs before and they had their good days and bad days, but the biggest issue was when I was ready to grow them out, and that was a long and painful process. So saying yes to the bangs means a long term relationship...
What the heck, I love long term relationships!

6 comments:

andrea said...

aw, it looks great on you! i sometimes think of getting bangs because i love the way they look on other people, but i don't think they'd look good on me.

Amie McCracken said...

I used to have that reaction as a kid. And I used to have that Hebrew Coke shirt too! Lol. They look great.

Shannon of ** Happiness Is...** said...

Do it! For me, bangs don't work too well, although I love them to no end. I think you have to have super thick hair...or not fine hair, like mine. But my hair grows super fast, so I usually don't worry about growing it out again. Did you know they have faux bangs now? A little clip in set of bangs. I might just have to try them out ;) xo

PonderandStitch said...

Awwwww! You look adorable! I have a really short forehead so bangs on me would be about one inch long and look reallllly bad, haha... but you are so cute!

Ooty said...

Oh Darling you look Fab!!!!!
=)

Plumrose Lane said...

Oh I can totally relate to this posting! The only difference is I got so sick of others messing up my hair that I now cut and color is myself, SO much easier! Your bangs look fabulous but I'm stuck with mine (high forehead and all) so I'm partial to them anyways. ;-D

ShareThis