Sunday, February 21, 2010

A couple's engagement

A few days ago I had the privilege of photographing a Rinat & Saar, a newly engaged couple. Now to most of you reading this, it probably sounds like an ordinary thing, engagement shots that is, as most of the couples in the US and Canada (I think Europe & Australia & New Zealand too.....?) seek out a photographer to photoshoot them as they become engaged to one another. Well, that's not the case here in Israel. In fact, most of my friends raised their eye-brows as I was telling them about this photoshoot. It's just not something we do here... Which between you and me, is a real shame, as I personally think that the images that come out of these shoots are much more romantic & real, and they portray a moment that is more true to what the couple shares together than the photos taken on their (very stressful, un-ordinary) wedding day.
In any case, Rinat & Saar have decided they wanted to do this photoshoot, and they chose me for the job! And so last Thursday, we headed down to the West Beach near Yaffo, in Tel-Aviv and we had loads of fun!
See for yourselves...

Click thumbnails to go to the slideshow on Flickr

11 comments:

laura evans/photography said...

i love them ... gorgeous & fun & all about the couple & who they are. You did a wonderful job!

Jessica said...

These are fabulous! You have a real talent for portraiture - I'm a little jealous. ;) But we all have our strong areas and this is definitely one of yours!

Amie McCracken said...

Beautiful, I can't stop looking.

maggisaar said...

Her name is Saar?

That is awesome. And I approve. It is short for something? Does it have some meaning? I'm curious now. :)

Marianne Lozano said...

looks great tali!

LuLu Kellogg said...

Tali, you truly captured the love between these two. I love each and every one of these.

LuLu♥

Magpie said...

What a lovely couple. These photos are amazing! You did a great job capturing their love!

MagMoment said...

Applause! What a beautiful group of photographs! I think I like each of them for different reasons. The location was really well chosen too. Hazel

Shannon of ** Happiness Is...** said...

Tali - these are very impressive! They are very different than a lot of engagement shoots I've seen, and I think it's your point of view. I love the shots where you're looking down into their laps holding hands. It almost feels so intimate, like there's no photographer there at all. Stunning couple too! xo

Dionne said...

OOoooooohhhhh, Tali!

These are BREATHTAKING! So beautiful. You have such an eye for these things.

Erin said...

Great shots Tali - I am about to take up photography!!

ShareThis