Monday, April 19, 2010

Home Work

My someone and I (OK, more like "my someone, while I photograph) have been busy making our apt. more and more our own. Our latest project was putting up some shelves for our great collection of books. We had two Ikea floating shelves and an Ikea Expedit shelving unit that used to stand upright in my someone's old apartment. We decided to try placing it here laying horizontally instead of standing, right beneath the two shelves. The idea was to create a whole area for reading, which meant placing books on the shelves, as well as on the top of the unit, but leaving space at the end for seating.
My someone was in-charge of the drilling and hanging...


... While I was in-charge of arranging everything together...










 More home projects ahead...  :)

10 comments:

andrea said...

it looks so awesome! whenever my boyfriend and i get an apartment, i'm most excited about getting lots of bookshelves as we both have a TON of books!

Almost Precious said...

Great job ! Love the way you've arranged the books and added items of interest to catch the eye. IKEA has some really neat things, I spend hours just looking at their catalog. :)

kelsey. ♥ said...

Wow, it looks great! I would love to do something like this, I have lots and lots of books too :)

Post Grad Hair Cut said...

They look great! I need to get some power tools!

Amie McCracken said...

Looks excellent. You seem to have the ability to make home design look natural and beautiful.

ana said...

it came out lovely! well done :D

Photo.Fashion.Passion said...

הספריה נפלאה! איזה כיף, תתחדשי :)
שרונה

Bri said...

Ooh I like it! Very awesome idea. I have too many books. I could literally line all of my walls with books and still have them piled everywhere. I dream of a house with built-in book shelves on every wall.

Also, your someone is quite the hottie! Tell me, is he shirtless all of the time, or just when you know you're going to post his picture all over the internet?

Ooty said...

Yay for home pimpimg =) looks great!

LuLu Kellogg said...

I can't wait to see more of your nest! It's looking great!

LuLu♥

ShareThis