Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Oodles of candy

If you follow my blog, then you know I have another blog I maintain called You See i See. It's purely a photo blog, and it's a collaboration between the lovely Laura and myself. Each week, on Tuesday, we put on display two photos- One from her, and one from me, side by side. The thing in common between the two images is the subject, the theme of the photo. Those "themes" were predetermined by our blog readers and combined into one big list. And by big, I mean 52 items to complete a full years worth of weeks.
We've had some interesting themes so far, and our creative juices have been running at full pace, but I must admit that this week's theme has been more of a challenge than the preceding weeks' themes. At least for me it was.
Week Nine - Little Children's Dreams
I kept staring at the screen last week after posting week eight's post, and gearing my brains for the next photoshoot. Seriously Amie, were you trying to trick us, or just challenge the hell out of us...? (Kidding of course). For the life of me,  I couldn't come up with a photographic idea, that was interesting, different, somewhat unexpected, that of course, conveys the subject. Even brain-storming with my friends didn't really help. And then I thought about candy! Oodles, heaps, loads of candy! Wouldn't that be a child's dream...? Well, my someone thought so (and he's a child at heart). I remembered there was this somewhat new candy shop on Sheinkin that is designed like a pharmaceutical shop- white light all around, and the candy's displayed in glass tanks on the walls. I thought it would be the perfect place to photograph my idea, but when I got to the place, the shop's owner wouldn't allow me to shoot inside the shop... So plan B! I headed over to my someone's favorite candy supply shop, which is a shop that's more like a completely packed up, floor to ceiling, little warehouse, where you can find just about anything your heart (or should I say 'sweet tooth') desires. I took my someone along with me, and he of course chose candy by flavor, while I chose candy that would photograph well, and had the colors I was looking for. We ended up really buying oodles of candy!!
Next we headed to a small home decor shop we had found a while back on Nahalat Binyamin, where we got some jars to fill up with all that candy.
We had a blast filling the jars up, of course snacking on some candy while doing that... At the end I grabbed my camera and started shooting away. Here's a few for you to see...

The chosen image





Now lets hope my someone eats all this candy before I do....

14 comments:

andrea said...

these pictures make me happy, so pretty and bright and colorful! you did a great job of interpreting children's' dreams!

Bridget said...

beautiful pictures!!

Dionne said...

Wow - I love the bright colors and the lighting. They are all lovely, but the one you chose is also my fave.

yael yaniv said...

i just love these filled jars...each time in the market i have to hold myself from buying the whole lot...
so, did he beat you to it?

Kris said...

Great photos! What kind of camera do you own?

maggisaar said...

I want to dive head first into that Gummy Ring jar and not come out until it is empty and my tummy is angry at my bag lunch choice.

But it would be delicious.

laura evans/photography said...

love it ... candy was an idea i had! & the question i asked myself ... "what did i dream of when i was little"!

Little Gray Pixel said...

Yum. Do I spy banana-shaped candy?

Photo.Fashion.Passion said...

איזה קופסאות צבעוניות ויפות, ובעיקר ממש משמ מגרות!
סחטיין :)
שרונה

Amie McCracken said...

Oh that looks so yummy. I'm dying for some now. I wasn't trying to trick you, hee hee, but you both shot exactly what I was thinking when I thought of it. Very strange and cool at the same time.

Amy@OldSweetSong said...

I am really jealous right now. all of that candy looks delicious.

Bri said...

Yummers! Great pictures, as per usual. :)

Robin Norgren-Well of Creations said...

I have loved following along with everyone -both of you are incredibly talented; it has been a joy to see your inspiration come through.

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Candy. I would have thought Teddy Bears. And there's less calories to them.

Seriously, your talent is amazing. Great arrangements. Better color contrasts. You really have skill and creativity. Thanks for putting all this effort and imagination into your blog. It's appreciated. Rolanjd

ShareThis