Sunday, June 06, 2010

Bicycle ride + TLV boardwalk = Fun afternoon

Last Monday morning I worked the morning shift at the restaurant, which was followed by the weekly managers meeting in the afternoon. I rode my bicycle to work, as I do every time I have a shift. My someone, who is also a shift manager at the restaurant, showed up for the meeting on his bicycle too, which was rather unusual for him, as he normally rides his motorbike. But he didn't just bring his bicycle. Nope, he had a whole plan. He brought a change of cloths for me (I was more elegantly dressed for that morning shift...), and he brought my beloved camera as well. As soon as the meeting was over I made a quick change, and we both hopped on our bicycles and headed towards the beach's boardwalk. We rode north towards Tel-Aviv port, and then continued a little further up the path until we reached half way through Sde Dov Airport. The entire ride, going there and back, was about 14 km, and it was entirely along the beach line. We started about two hours before the beginning of sunset, and when we reached Yafo again (the south of TLV, where we started) the sun was already setting. It was such a fun ride, stopping along the way to snap a few photos, as well as a quick pizza (=energy) break at Beta Pizza in the TLV port area (if you say that quick "betapizza" it's as though you're saying Beit Ha' Pizza, which translates to "the house of pizza"...).
Here are some of the snaps we took




Tel Aviv's power station



I was photographing myself, not him... :)

They had a Basil plant on each table!


Pizza makes you do funny faces while eating it!






8 comments:

Ooty said...

Beautiful images! I love how peaceful this area looks through pics:)
I also really like the way you pull your hair up:) looks fab!!

Amie McCracken said...

Looks divine, now I'm dying to visit a beach.

andrea said...

sounds like a perfect day! your boyfriend sounds so wonderful and thoughtful :) and that pizza look a-maz-ing!! and i love the photos of the water on the sand, the textures and reflections are awesome!

Shannon of ** Happiness Is...** said...

Ah what an amazing day! I love how they had a basil plant at each table - so great :) xo

oh, hello friend. said...

what BEAUTIFUL photos -- makes me inspired to go on a bike ride. (need to get a bike first, hehe) xo.

LuLu Kellogg said...

What wonderful pics! I love the one of the two of you together. Tali, you are so beautiful and you have the most amazing smile.

Wishing you a lovely rest of the week,
LuLu♥

Joy White said...

Tali - what a special treat. Aren't unexpected little surprises the best! You look so beautiful and HAPPY!!

passport in my pocket said...

gorgeous pics! love the pizza ones especially ;) I'm a sucker for food photography.

ShareThis