Friday, June 11, 2010

Carbon Neutral


I just came by from a visit at my dear friend Shannon's blog Happiness Is... 
Besides mentioning the fact that she's got an amazingly interesting blog, with daily posts, and sometimes more than that, and the fact that she strikes me as such an interesting, talented person, I wanted to tell you about her latest post. It's all about the Carbon Neutral project
"My blog is Carbon Neutral" initiative started off in Germany by the "Make it green" program, that has made it their goal to reduce carbon dioxide emissions. But what does that have to do with our blogs? What carbon emissions are they talking about? Well, basically what the organization is trying to do is get more promotion for their cause. For every blog that posts and adds their button on their blog, Make it Green will plant a tree under the blog's name. The trees will be planted in the spring of 2010 by the Arbor Day Foundation. This will neutralize your blog’s carbon footprint for the next 50 years. 
Now that's cool!
Shannon did it, so did I. Will you?

5 comments:

oh, hello friend. said...

Tali, did you know you won the giveaway at the brightside project? you are one lucky chic! congrats! hope you have an awesome weekend friend!! xo.

Shannon of ** Happiness Is...** said...

Aw Tali - your kind words just made my day! Thank you my friend. Hurray for being carbon neutral! Have the loveliest weekend my dear :) xo

Joy White said...

yes i will - great post, i will spread the word on my blog too.

katie said...

Great article- wanted to let your readers know that Bali is also partnering with the Arbor Day foundation and 10 trees will be planted for each purchase of their ecofriendly wood blinds and natural shades www.greenbaliblinds.com

Ooty said...

Thanks for sharring this great idea! I will sure do too =)

ShareThis