Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Breakfast... American diner style

I've mentioned in the past that I've spent almost eight years living abroad both in the U.S. and in Canada. It's been about 2.5 years since I've been back here living in Tel-Aviv, and for the most part I am content. No, content is not enough, I am happy, satisfied, joyfully living my life here. There are only the little things that sometimes make me miss those eight wonderful years... Like when we get 90% humidity in Tel-Aviv, I dream of summers in Vancouver. When I feel like a fabulous road trip, I dream of the Route 1 Highway in California. I miss the  shopping sprees in Los-Angeles (when oh when will they introduce Anthropologie and UO to Israel...), the Cherry Blossoms every Spring in Vancouver, Whole Foods markets, real Mexican burrito, Barnes & Noble and the grandeur of it all, the Santa Monica Promenade, and the pier, and the beach, Kits neighborhood & my home in South Granville, the Sushi (!), the Indian food, the abundance of options!
...And I miss those Saturday & Sunday mornings heading out for breakfast at The Omelet Parlor or The Elbow Room or any other diner/breakfast spot we found. So the other day while we were planning breakfast I decided to go American style! My favorite thing, actually the one real reason I loved going out for breakfast, was the Hash-browns. We had some potatoes & onions laying around so I got right into it. It was by far one of the best breakfasts I've had in a long time (and that is my favorite meal of the day...)
Here are some snaps I took... enjoy :)

 The basics


Breakfast served




My handsome partner in crime :)

4 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

I love hash browns too! They are my favorite!

We actually had scrambled eggs and hash browns for dinner last night and it was SO good :)

Love,
LuLu♥

andrea said...

yummy!

i may not always buy books from b&n (i opt for the cheaper amazon prices and free shipping over $25), but i would die without one. which is an exaggeration because the closest one to me is an hour away. but still, when i was in florida this past week, my boyfriend and i literally went 7 times! and some of those were more than once in a day! no lie :P

maggisaar said...

So I half looked at the title of this blog and thought you said American DINNER style, and I got all excited to tell you about how awesome Brinner (Breakfast for Dinner) is. But it turns out you had breakfast for breakfast and I should really read better and now I want a proper breakfast. But my breakfast was some chicken fingers and maybe 1 1/2 double stuffed oreo's that I shoved into my mouth when my husband wasn't looking.

Anyway, try Brinner sometime. Cause it's awesome.

kiks said...

Vancouver misses you! We had one of those great summer days today, got groceries from the farmers market, it was about 23 degrees with plenty of sun and a nice cool breeze. It was great. When the rain comes I will go back to being envious of your warm climate!

Love the blog as always!

ShareThis