Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Good friends, road trips, great adventures

I am so sorry my dear readers that I have been absent for almost a week. I have been busy showing Jen around Israel. In my last post I told you my bestie is coming for a visit and I had lots planned for our five days together. Sadly I can say that the visit's over now, and Jen is now in India, but we did get a lot of fun and excitement done while she was here.
Jen arrived last Tuesday in the middle of the night ( it was actually 2:30 A.M. so you could say it was early morning Wednesday...). We slept in late on Wed. and were off to a late start. We spent the day strolling the streets of Tel-Aviv shopping, eating, and catching up on our lives. In the evening my someone joined us at home and we relaxed with a movie and nachos. (Jen & I used to order nachos & beers all the time back in Vancouver).
On Thursday morning we got up early and took the bus up to Jerusalem. We headed straight to the old city where the Western Wall & the al-Aqsa Mosque are. We strolled the narrow streets packed with vendors selling fabrics, cloths, food, hookah's, souvenirs, and much more. We even walked a part of the Via Delorosa and without meaning to, we found ourselves and The Church of The Holy Sepulchre (where supposedly JC is buried). After a long day in the capital we took a bus back to Tel Aviv. To end that perfect day we got all dressed up for dinner at the restaurant where I work. My someone was also there as he was working that shift.
On Friday morning we got a rental car for the weekend, and headed south to the dessert & the Dead Sea. Hurray road trip! Our first stop was Masada where we took the Gondola up the mountain. the view from up top was breathtaking, but the heat was overbearing and so we didn't stay up there too long. We got back on the road, driving alongside the Dead Sea, until we reached a village resort on the north part of the Dead Sea where we spent the night. The next morning we got up bright & early and headed to one of the beaches in the area. We spent our day floating in the water, sun bathing with mud on our bodies (and faces...), and just relaxing. It was heaven! Of course it had to come to an end, so in the afternoon we headed back home.
On Sunday my someone had the day off and so he joined us on our road trip up north to Haifa. We climbed the streets of Haifa, saw the Bahai Gardens and the spectacular views of the city's port and shore-line, and had a late lunch at a rodeo restaurant that was highly recommended to us. It was quite an experience. to end our perfect 5 days we went out to a Tapas restaurant. It was us three and two of my girlfriends from work. We had a blast drinking cocktails and noshing on Tapas. Sadly that was our last night together and after dinner we took Jen to the airport to catch her flight back.
Here are some snaps from our adventures

 Jerusalem





















Masada & The Dead Sea


















Haifa & the Bahai Gardens





... Until we meet again Jen ...

7 comments:

Ooty said...

all looks so gorg!

Shannon of ** Happiness Is...** said...

Fun times!! I want to play in mud too. And I forgive you for being gone a week, but besties are worth it :) xo

Dionne said...

I love that you got to spend quality time together and captured lots of lovely images! I especially love the mud shots, hahaha.

Little Gray Pixel said...

Beautiful photography! I felt like I was right there with the two of you.

andrea despot said...

sounds like you had an awesome time! too bad it was so short :(

as usual, i will proceed to comment on my faves :)

these are amazing!:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_S4YXpgYwvgQ/TOQ01JNkewI/AAAAAAAAGX0/EuJS0E-6PBI/s1600/24.jpg

the requisite shadow of photographer picture :P
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_S4YXpgYwvgQ/TOQ0_NmVJGI/AAAAAAAAGX8/Vc3Me4POy84/s1600/26.jpg

i love the silhouettes of the people in these, with the glittering ocean:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_S4YXpgYwvgQ/TOQ3B_3RM8I/AAAAAAAAGYk/o1zT3oi_qDs/s1600/36.jpg

the mud ones made me laugh :P

what an amazing view!!!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_S4YXpgYwvgQ/TOQ76HYtikI/AAAAAAAAGZA/BCOfX2281ZM/s1600/41.jpg

i know shane probably took that first one here, but i really like it :)
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_S4YXpgYwvgQ/TOQ6u848P4I/AAAAAAAAGY0/mBPOP3M05Qg/s1600/40.jpg

ana said...

what a wonderful reason to be away from the blog-world! :D looks like an amazing trip & adventure. i love the collection of photos.

the runaway romantique said...

What absolutely stunning photos! You make me want to go traveling now :) Enjoy yourselves!

- the runaway

ShareThis