Thursday, November 04, 2010

Tattoo Inspiration

When I was about 23 I decided to go and get myself inked. It was back in L.A. and I went with a friend of mine down to the Venice boardwalk to find the right tattoo-artist, and the right tattoo. I had a general idea in mind. I wanted a fairy. I wanted it on my ankle. The rest was open for debate. Lucky me I happened upon a weird but very talented artist. I told him what I wanted and he pulled out a piece of paper with a drawing he created earlier. It was just perfect! It took about 2 hours (maybe less... I'm not too sure) and at the end I had a one-of-a-kind real pretty tattoo on my ankle.
Now they say that once you get a tattoo you're most likely to want another. They say it's addicting. I guess there's something to it. It's been a couple of years now that I have been toying with the idea of getting inked again. It's been on mind, but until recently, I wasn't sure where I wanted it, and what would "it" be. After much contemplation I know I want it to be on the side of my right wrist. I have a general idea of how I'd like it spread, but I am still not too sure about the design. This image below is my inspiration. I like how the birds are placed, and the general design. Now I need a bit of help from you...
If you have any idea or a sketch please send them my way :)

images from here

1 comment:

andrea said...

i meant to tell you that i love this idea! i also found this picture:

http://www.trendhunter.com/photos/91479/1

which is pretty much exactly the same as what you have. so... i wouldn't change anything about it :)

ShareThis