Friday, December 10, 2010

Life Lately

It's been a while since I've let you in and updated you on my life. Not much has changed, but there are a few plans in motion for the future!

It's down season when it comes to weddings, but that's a good thing, cause now I can focus on re-grouping and building up my business. I've partnered up with my friend from work, Oded, who is a fellow photographer. He shoots both steels and video, and so we aim to work together photographing weddings. I am still going to shoot weddings with my friend Dvora, as her second photographer when needed, but that would come second to my work with Oded. We're still in the business developing stage, but we've already come up with a name, and a logo, and we even purchased our web address (though currently GoDaddy is having an ad field-day on there...)
Our chosen company name is F/2 . I'm sure I don't need to explain the name to all you photographers, but for the rest of you, the symbol f/ with a number attached is the indicator of how wide or narrow the camera's shutter opens when you take a photo. It's a little kitsch, but we like it :)



My someone's dad asked me to try and work on a logo and a business card layout for his business. As I mentioned before, he is a building contractor and so I wanted to create something that fits just that. Here is how it came out. Sorry it's all in Hebrew...


On a sad note, my someone is leaving on Sunday for a 25 day reserves service. This will be the longest we have ever been apart and I know it won't be easy! 
The only good thing about it is that I will finally have the chance to work on my secret surprise project for him... I will tell you all about it as soon as he leaves... 

By the way, I am hosing a giveaway on I Art U :) The winner will receive my 2011 photo calendar! If you want one, you better hurry on to I Art U and enter to win! Good luck.


4 comments:

andrea despot said...

HOW EXCITING!!! and i love the logo and name you've chosen :)

andrea despot said...

ps. i forgot to say that i definitely feel for you that your someone will be gone for 25 days! it's tough and it sucks but hopefully it will go by (somewhat) fast :)

yaelyaniv said...

good luck on your new adventure - i'm sure you'll do fine (from waht i remember your wedding photos were amazing)

and i loved your new logo (-:

hope the next 25 days will pass quickly and easily (-:

Shannon of ** Happiness Is...** said...

I'm thrilled for you and your new biz venture Tali! F/2 is a great name. I love that you're focusing on weddings :) xo

ShareThis