Thursday, February 17, 2011

Fruit

Week forty eight's subject over on You See i See was Fruit. I wanted to photograph an image that will not fall short of all those inspiring photographs on my favorite food blogs. Though I had the vision in my head, bringing it to action turned a bit difficult. I am not a food photographer by profession, and therefor I am unprepared when it comes to all the necessary accessories- pretty plates, cups, glass-ware ; an assortment of fabrics and tea-towels and such ; interesting backgrounds as well as table-tops. So I had to make do with what was around in my kitchen, as well as use my one & only table top (which I love so much, that I end up using it almost every time!).
At the end of it all, I am actually quite pleased with the end result, but I did come to a decision. I am going to invest a little in stacking up some of the items I am missing, so I can have them around for whenever the opportunity presents itself again...
By the way, for really inspiring food photography head on over to Cannelle et Vanille and to Sunday Suppers




P.S. if you can please help me out, I need as many votes as I can to win this Wix competition and fly to NYC (!!) So click here and vote for me. (AND, you can vote again and again every 24 hours, until Feb 21st). Thanks :)


4 comments:

Ooty said...

I like it, the aqua red combo is always working for the best!

andrea despot said...

food photography always looks so effortless, like the before-mentioned glassware, tea towels, cups and plates are random and just kind of scattered about. not so! it only LOOKS random... but you did such a good job, especially for not having done it before. and those websites are stunning. if you haven't seen "sprouted kitchen" i think you'd love the photographs on there as well; they make me so freaking jealous...

http://sproutedkitchen.com/

andrea despot said...

ps. i love your new blog header!

ana said...

oh. so yummy. love all the colors. & off to vote! :D

ShareThis