Tuesday, November 01, 2011

DIY Cake Toppers

A couple of months ago when my someone and I decided to split our wedding in to two separate events, I was completely over the moon with joy, when I realized I will get do design our entire Chuppah event, as it will take place at his parents house. I had a million ideas in my head, and so many inspirations from all my favorite wedding blogs. My someone was as equally thrilled as he loves DIY projects. And so together we chose the color scheme, thought about how we'd set the tables, shopped for accessories, and figured out the decor. 
We found an amazing Caterer who has also taken an active role in helping us design everything just the way we've envisioned it.
Though it's not traditional in Jewish weddings, I really wanted a wedding cake. I found a great baker who will create a wedding cake that is combined of both cupcakes and a one tier cake. But what's a wedding cake without the toppers? 
So, I shopped around Etsy.com and found some wooden figurines- a blank canvas. I first sketched my design on them with pencil and then with some acrylic paint, and a few accessories, I created my mini someone and mini me :)













7 comments:

laura evans/photography said...

they are gorgeous chica!

andrea despot said...

These are adorable :) I've been missing your DIY projects!

photo.fashion.passion - בלוג אופנה ישראלי said...

זה מתוק ברמות מטורפות, אין דברים כאלה! את ממש אלופה ומוכשרת.
נשיקות

Dionne said...

Completely adorable!

zeder said...

After a long time, greetings from berlin.
Uwe-Jens

Shannon of ** Happiness Is...** said...

Super cute!!! They really do look like you guys :) xo

Abbi said...

Very cute! I like them.

ShareThis